miércoles, 20 de marzo de 2013

I Hate the Capitalist System



I hate the capitalist system
and I´ll tell you the reason why
it has caused me so much suffering
and my dearest friends to die
well I know you all are wondering
what it has done to me


well I am going to tell you
that my husband has tb
brought on by hardworking lowwages
and never enough to eat
from going cold and hungry
with no shoes upon his feet


my husband was a coalminer 

who worked hard and risked his life
just tryin to support three children
himself, his mother and wife


well I had a blueyedbaby
was a darling of my heart
but from my little darling the mother had to part


why the rich and mighty capitalists
goes to rest in jewels and silk
my darling blueeyed baby has died for the wondermill

well they call this the land of plenty
and for them I guess its true
for the rich and mighty capitalists
not for workers like me and you


well now what can we do about it
to these men of power and might
well I'll tell you mister capitalist
we are going to fight, fight, fight! 

Barbara Dane 


Working Class Woman 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario